COVID-19 Policy and Procedures
All teachers, parents and children returning to swimming sessions agree to the policies and procedures set out by The Swim Specialist to comply with Government and industry guidance.
All participants must agree to the following:
- All parents will watch our Covid-19 induction process videos for each venue (site specific) BEFORE attending their first session with us.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you agree that you will only allow your child to attend lessons if they and their household are symptom Free.
- If Any family member or member of the same household shows symptoms of Covid-19, they will refrain from attending swimming lessons and self isolate for 14 days. Please inform the Office of your absence for our records.
- If your child is affected by a school closure or partial class closure and requested to be isolated by their school, please do not attend lessons until your entire household is symptom free for 14 days. Please send any test results to the office for our records.
- If in the case of a regional/Local lockdown and lessons are allowed to continue, lessons will resume as normal. It is the discretion of the parent to attend or not, however, payment will be required to secure the child's place in that Slot.
- Payments must continue to secure the child's place with tThe Swim Specialist. If a payment plan is cancelled, the child will be removed from the class automatically. .
- If there is a positive Covid test result from one of our swimmers/teachers that is proven to have been contracted by the pool facility. All sessions will be cancelled and the pool will close for a deep clean for 14 days and all participants will be notified.
- All participants understand that attending swimming sessions is not without risk and therefore aware of these risks associated with the Covid-19 virus.
- All participants understand the processes and protocols The Swim Specialist Swim School have put in place in order to reduce risks and will cooperate and adhere to these in order to protect our health and the health of other members, staff and other users of the facility.
- Face coverings are Mandatory in all venues associated with the Swim Specialist. However, exceptions can be made for those with underlying medical conditions. These individuals must take extra care to ensure they are 2 meters apart from another participant at all times. This is to accommodate the guidance of distancing where a 2 meter distance is not always possible.
- ONE parent per family is to accompany their children to their sessions each week. This is to reduce overcrowding on the poolside.
- Swim teachers must wear visors whilst teaching in the water and ensure that it is always down at all times. Teachers must avoid direct contact at all times unless for emergency purposes and keep a distance of over 1 meter at all times.
- Each pool associated with the Swim specialist Academy is equipped with a one way system and Covid Secure processes. Any individual/Employee witnessed to ignore or decline our guidance will be asked to vacate the pool area and may result in a termination of their child's lessons or employment contract with The Swim Specialist.
- Due to ever changing government guidance and uncertainty during this pandemic, the Swim Specialist Academy reserves the right to update and improve our policies to accommodate the ever evolving guidance from within the industry sector. The Swim specialist will promise to keep all parents and teachers up to date with any changes.
What if your child is showing symptoms of Covid-19?
It is not always certain to assume Cold and Flu like symptoms are going to be Covid-19 specifically. However, we do ask that if your child shows any of the following symptoms prior to attending their sessions that they do not attend.
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
To be on the safe side, we ask that you follow government guidance and have your child tested. You may be able to attend the following week after receiving a negative test. Please send this through to the office as evidence.
What if a Teacher contracts Covid-19?
If a teacher contracts Covid -19 and starts to show signs and symptoms, they are advised by The Swim Specialist to follow Government guidance and self isolate and take a test. A replacement teacher will be provided to continue lessons as normal. Once the test results are confirmed, if positive, they must continue to quarantine for the recommended 14 days before returning to work. All results must be sent to the office for their records and if the test is negative, they can return to work.
In the case of a positive test, all those who have come into contact with the teacher will be contacted and asked to self isolate for 14 days.
What if a Swimmer contracts Covid-19?
If a swimmer, or member of their household starts to show signs and symptoms of Covid-19, they will be advised byThe Swim Specialist to follow Government guidance and self isolate for 14 days and avoid returning to swimming lessons during the isolation period. Siblings who also attend swimming lessons will be asked to Isolate as well.
The cost of lessons will still be taken unless a positive result is provided as evidence of their absence. This must be sent to the office to update the child's records and add a planned Absence will be added to their account as a credit note.
What if your school closes down and asks your child to isolate?
If your child attends a school that has made the decision to Close, they must not attend lessons. Parents must inform The Swim Specialist at their earliest convenience. The Swim Specialist will advise that the child self isolates for 14 days and may be allowed to return to swimming lessons if, after 14 days no symptoms arise. A credit note will be added to the child's account for the lessons missed during that period. Payments will continue as normal.
What if you are affected by a Lock down?
Local and Regional Lockdowns:
If during this time the Swim School is allowed to continue, all lessons will resume as normal. Parents will be given the option at their discretion to choose to attend. Lessons will be secured for one month with payment. If after one month the parents continue to choose not to attend they may be asked to make one of the following decisions:
- Continue payment and secure their child's slot.
- Pause payments with a view to secure our availability when they wish to return.
If in this case we are forced to close our pools, lessons will be cancelled until given notice to re-open. All swimmers will be kept on their classes and payments will be postponed for that period.
What will happen if I cancel my Payment Plan?
If you cancel your payment plan with us, your child will automatically be removed from their class on the system. This will trigger an Automated email to the parent informing them of this. The session will then be available for new customers to book onto. Parents who wish to remain in the lessons will need to contact the office as soon as possible, reinstate their payment plan and allow the office to postpone the payments for them.
Will you still get charged for your lessons if you cannot attend?
Yes, if lessons are running, you will still be charged for your classes in order to secure your place with us.
We are not able to add credits for holidays and general sickness. However, discretion will be taken for extenuating circumstances and will be decided by the Swim Specialist Management team.
Cases where credit notes will be awarded:
- You are able to provide us with a Positive result of covid-19 for the Swimmer or member of their household. Credit notes will be awarded to the dates of absence during this period of isolation.
- If your child's school has issued a lockdown.
- Long term sickness such as broken bones, or operations.
- If the swim School has cancelled your lessons
If you choose not to attend, we will not be able to secure your child's place without payment and may ask you to make a decision to either continue paying or pause payments with a view to be offered availability when you wish to return.