Terms & Conditions
Welcome to The Swim Specialist Swim Academy. We aim to provide a creative, safe and prosperous swimming environment that builds confidence and natures ability. It is important for all members of our academy to agree and adhere to our Terms & Conditions and Code of Conduct detailed below;
- Full details are required at the time of booking
- A place can not be confirmed unless a card has been registered to our Direct Debit Payment Plan
- Direct Debits can be set up. Please call or email us to proceed
- Cash and Cheques can not be accepted under any circumstances
- Places are allocated on a first come first served basis
- Please note that demand can be high in term time so prompt enrolment is advisable
- You are paying for the monthly subscription of 39 lessons per year
- During the course of the year we promise to provide 39 lessons of swim tuition
- Payment is to cover the weekly slot allocation of a swimming lesson and not the amount of lessons you take
- If your child is absent during the prescribed lessons you will still be charged
- Any absence notifications within 28 days of the lessons will not be refundable / transferable
- We will endeavour to re-arrange the lesson providing that you have given 28 days prior notice
- Discretion maybe used during mitigating circumstances
- Unprescribed pool closures result in a lesson credit
- Lesson credits can be redeemed at another session
- Three lesson credits will result in your monthly mandate being postponed by one month.
- You have a right to cancel your membership at any point
- All parents and swimmers must agree and adhere to The Swim Specialist Terms & Conditions and Code of Conduct
- By enrolling onto our membership program you will be asked to consent to our terms and conditions
(Data Protection): The persons agreeing to these conditions consent to The Swim Specialist Swim Academy to process personal data provided as a result of enrolment/re-enrolment. Personal information will under no circumstances be shared with any third party.
Direct Debit Booking
- The Swim Specialist Swim Academy Direct Debits are processed by GoCardless. As part of this we offer the direct debit guarantee as detailed below
- Direct Debits must be set up 3 working days prior to the initial swimming lesson
- The first payment will be authorised to be taken on the working day prior to the first chargeable swimming lesson
- Failure to do so will mean you are not enrolled onto your class and may forfeit your place
- As this is an automated system, we are not able to override it
Setting Up the Direct Debit
To set up a Direct Debit please just contact us directly via telephone or email and we can get this arranged for you.
- 0113 479 1551
- 0333 050 0520
Direct Debit Dates
Go-Gardless will automatically contact you 3 days prior to any payments been taken our of your bank. Payments will be taken out on the date allocated when starting your first payable lesson. Which is the working day prior to the first chargeable swimming lesson
- You are paying for the allocation of weekly slot and not the amount of lessons you take
- We promise to provide 39 lessons over the course of a one year period
- Swimmers set up on the direct debit system will be automatically be re-enrolled onto a class. This meaning you are on a continuous payment plan until stated otherwise
- Due to charges imposed on us by our bank we must charge £7.50 for a direct debit returned to us as unpaid. As a requirement of our insurance policy, any swimmer who has not paid for their slot allocation although has attended their lesson will be charged the lesson fees + £7.50. This payment can be taken over the phone using a debit/credit card
- Where possible if we notice an issue with the direct debit payments we will endeavour to contact all customers on an individual basis to ensure they do not loose out financially. This may mean that we postpone your monthly payment and ask to re-start at a later date
Cancelled Direct Debit Instructions
Should a customer cancel a direct debit while they still have an outstanding balance they, and all associated swimmers linked to this account, will no longer be able to swim with us until;
- Payment has been made for any missed months, included associated fees
- A new direct debit payment schedule has been set up
- Should direct debits be cancelled we reserve the reserve the right to take legal action to recover any outstanding costs. Should a swimmer wish to re-join in the future and an account has a debited balance on from a previously class this must be paid in full before the future classes can be booked
- If you are unable to attend a prescribed swimming lessons due to a holiday or medical issue we have a 28 day cancellation policy
- Any absence within 28 days of the prescribed swimming lesson will be chargeable
- However if you inform us of a prescribed absence with at least 28 days notice we can authorise an absence whereby a replacement session will be credited on your account
- A replacement session can be taken at your own convenience. Contact our admin team directly to arrange a suitable session
- All request to cancel a child's swimming lesson must be made via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with supporting medical evidence/doctors note if relevant
- Any no-shows or absence within 28 days will not be refunded
Un-Presribed Pool Closures
- Pool closures happen on occasions, and in the event that the pool has to be closed due to unforeseen circumstances due to natural disasters, health and safety, adverse weather conditions (lit not inclusive) then you will be notified to the SMS and Email provided upon registration.
- If we cancel lessons due to unforeseen circumstances a replacement session will be credited onto your account and maybe taken at your own convenience.
- As an alternative if you have 3 lessons credited onto your account you have the option to cancel the direct debit for one month to balance the remaining balance and then reinstate for the following month.
- Please contact the office for replacement sessions or postponement of your DD mandate.
Prescribed Pool Closures / Holidays
- With us delivering a term-time schedule of 39 weeks through the course of the year please be mindful that our prescribed pool closures are site specific
- You can view the site specific pool closures here on our website by visiting our 'locations' tab
- We will send a friendly reminder email 1 day prior to the prescribed pool closure
Data Protection (GDRP)
The information provided by you to us will only be used for the purposes of processing and administering the swim academy. No information is sold or passed on to any third parties without your explicit consent. The information you probed us (name, contact details, medical conditions etc.) is held securely and only accessible to those who need access to it with our organisation. information provided by you to us will only be used for the purposes of processing and administering the swim academy. No information is sold or passed on to any third parties without your explicit consent. The information you probed us (name, contact details, medical conditions etc.) is held securely and only accessible to those who need access to it with our organisation. information will be transferred to third party companies to allow us to process bookings. This includes but is not limited to the companies who manage our booking systems, emails, text messages, electronic payments. These companies are; CAP2 Solutions, GoCardless, Firetext, Mailchimp, Office 365, Dropbox.
Other organisations we wok with to ensure compliance with all regional laws (e.g our accountants, system web developers, HR providers). Only information which is relevant to each organisation will be transferred. For example our HR and accountants will not receive swimmers details.
The processing and storage of all data is entirely optional to all parents, guardians and swimmers, however, without the consent for us to store and process the information we will be unable yo accept you into our swim academy.
The information obtained will be active on our system for a 4yr period before it will be removed to help those who wish to re-join.
- There are a maximum number of spaces available for participants for each session. Should these reach their full maximum capacity then you will be placed on a waiting list
- As soon as a place becomes available suitable for you child, you will be contacted via telephone, email or text
- If we are not able to confirm this with you within 24hours then the place will be offered elsewhere and you will re-join the waiting list
- Please inform The Swim Specialist if you no longer want to be kept on the waiting list
- All instructors must hold a valid:
- Level 1 or 2 STA or Swim England Swim Teaching Certificate
- STA Safety Award for Teachers (SATS) or (RLSS) NPLQ National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- DBS Disclosure Barring Service Check
- Safeguarding Award
- Public Liability Insurance
- We pride ourselves on insuring our swim teachers are fully aware of our (PSOP) Pool Safety Operating Procedures
- We ensure they are educated and fit to carry out our (EAP) Emergency Action Plan
- All instructors are required to carry out a visual Risk Assessment of the pool prior to each lesson
- Professional physical contact may occur during swimming lessons, if you feel that inappropriate physical contact has been made please report this to our office email@example.com where the appropriate measures will be taken
- All swim instructors are required to carry out a visual Risk Assessment of the pool prior to each lesson
- Profession physical conduct may occur during a swimming lesson, if you feel that inappropriate physical contact has been made please report this to our office. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medical / Health Issues
- When you agree to our terms & conditions, you take responsibility for the fact that, should you answer 'yes' regarding any medical conditions you or your child might have, you've received advice from your doctor before starting with us. This responsibility is passed on to any other parent or carer who might bring your child swimming. This will appear on the medical notes so the teacher is made aware
- Medical conditions must be disclosed to The Swim Specialist Swim Academy regarding the health of you, your child or this who you have placed your child in care with for the purpose of attending swimming sessions. All information received is treated in confidence and with sensitivity
- If your child has a heavy cold, sinusitis or an ear infection we recommend they do not swim. Refunds are not given for missed lessons due to sickness, only in extreme circumstances can lessons be re-arranged on best endeavours basis
- Following on from sickness we request your child be clear of any systems for 48 hours prior to attendance at class
- Adults and children must not swim if they have had a diarrhoea illness in the past 48hrs as advised by the NHS
- If a swimmer has broken a limb, requires an operation or has been given medical reason why they cannot attend the lessons, then we will consider postponing their lessons. This is subject to a doctors note being received. Only the number of weeks remaining from will be held
Responsibility / Liability
- All users of the swimming pools are to make themselves familiar with the individual pools rules
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their children at all times.
- They should always be under the direct supervision of an adult who is not taking part in the lesson and never be left unattended unless they're 8yrs+ getting changed in the changing rooms independently.
- Children running on wet surfaces can very easily slip and hurt themselves
- Children are not The Swim Specialist Swim Academy's responsibility until the instructor takes them for their lesson.
- In the absence of any proven negligence, lack of due diligence or breach of duty by the instructor(s), The Swim Specialist Swim Academy, the participation of you, your spouse/partner, child or those in whose car you have placed your child for the purpose of attending or observing The Swim Specialist Swim Academy sessions is done so entirely at your and their own risk
- The Swim Specialist Swim Academy shall not be help responsible for any personal injury or fatality that may occur
- Responsibility for all applications of swimming practised outside of The Swim Specialist classes both now and in the future is borne by you and not The Swim Specialist Swim Academy
- The recommendations, ideas and techniques expressed and described in The Swim Specialist Swim Academy, as well as posts and videos endorsed by Swim Specialist cannot be regarded as a substitute for the advice of qualified medical practitioners. Any uses to which the recommendations, ideas and techniques are solely at your discretion
- Please note that due to child protection regulations photography (inclusion camera phones) and video filming are NOT permitted by spectators during The Swim Specialist Swim Academy lessons
- All Swim Specialist Swim Academy photography, logos and illustrations are the copyright of The Swim Specialist Swim Academy or credited party. Any scanning or reproduction of any of the above without our written agreement will be regarded as being in breach of our copyright and dealt with accordingly
- The Swim Specialist Swim Academy cannot be held liable for the actions third partied and, therefore, excludes to the fullest extent possible by law, any liability arising from a breach of this sections headed ''Photography'' by any party
Photography and videoing by The Swim Specialist Swim Academy/Staff will be pre-arranged with parents at the time of enrolling your child into The Swim Specialist Academy. If you consent to this you are giving the rights for The Swim Specialist Academy to photography your child and use the contents to upload via social media for promotional purposes. If you wish to opt out of this at any time please contact The Swim Specialist with your request at email@example.com
Code of Conduct
- Swimmers should not eat for at least 2 hours prior to swimming
- Please arrive for the teaching lesson on time
- As a general rule of thumb, do not enter the pool area prior to your lesson start time.
- Whilst you are waiting for your class, please keep poolside noise down to a minimum so that all lessons can take place in a calm and peaceful atmosphere
- Only enter the pool (water) once your instructor has invited you to do so
- Listen to what your instructor tells you. If you don't understand, please ask
- The following actions are seen as disorderly behaviour: running, diving, jumping, ducking, fighting, bombing, shouting and throwing items. If you are warned and behaviour persists you will be asked to leave
- Swimming goggles, including those with ophthalmic prescription lenses, may be worn at the wearers own risk
- To avoid injury the wearing of spectacles in the water by a swimmer during a session is not recommended. Care of spectacles is the responsibility of the parent/guardian
- Jewellery can be hazard and should not be worn during swimming, including earrings
- Appropriate swimwear should be worn at all times in the swimming pool and communal changing areas
- Please ensure long hair is tied up. Any children suffering from incontinence must wear a swim nappy and tightly fitted swim wear
- The feeling of ill health or sickness should be addressed to the instructor immediately.
- Parents must accompany their child to the swimming pool or a pre-arranged guardian over the age of 16yrs+
- Up until the age of 8yrs, the child should be accompany the parent in the respective gender changing rooms of the parent for e.g. (boys up to the age of 8yrs with mum in the female; girls up to 8yrs with the dads in the male)
- Under no circumstances should the adult of the opposite gender be in the changing rooms of the child's gender
- After the age of 8yrs, children are expected to change in the changing room of their gender, unaccompanied
- During lessons parents/guardians must not interrupt or communicate with the teacher, distract the pupils or approach the poolside, unless it is a matter of health and safety, as you may endanger the safety of the pupils and other pool users
- Mobile phones are prohibited to be used in the changing rooms or poolside
- Outside footwear is prohibited on the poolside. Parents are advised to take their shoes off, wear flip flops, or pool cover shoes where possible
- Parents/Guardians must remain on site for the duration of their child's swimming lessons
- Please ensure that your child does not eat a large meal 2hrs prior to the lessons and a light health snack at least 30mins before
- Parents/Guardians must not take any photographs unless authorised
- A maximum of two adult spectators are allowed on poolside per swimmer.
- Parents/Guardians must remain seated or stand against the wall by the designated spectating area.
- Do not 'dangle' babies into the water at the side of the pool, you may be asked to leave the pool area and not continue your sessions if this occurs
- Parents/Guardians are to be aware that all belongings are left at your own risk. The Swim Specialist is not liable for any lost or stolen belongings
- Parents/Guardians are to refrain from approaching teachers during lesson time unless there is unreasonable doubt for concern or safety
- Parents/Guardians are to raise any concerns or administrative queries directly to the office
- Parents/ Guardians must collect their child after the swimming lesson has finished and your child is seated and ready to leave.
- Parents/ Guardians are encourages to provide on-going feedback in relation on their child's swimming lesson, and our service delivery via email
- All swimmers must shower and go to the toilet before they enter the water as this helps to keep the pool clean and maximises their learning time
- Do not take any food or drink into the changing rooms/poolside
- If your child had verruca/warts or any type of foot infections which is contagious or can contaminate the surrounding pool area then they must wear a. protective waterproof swimming sock to participate in the swim lesson
- Any viral infections or diseases will strictly void the child's swimming lessons, in this case please see our terms and conditions '' Cancellation '' sections in regards to re-scheduling
- Shoes must not be worn inc hanging areas and pool areas, shoe covers may be provided at locations and parents/guardians must use these if they are sitting poolside/entering the vicinity of the pool area
- If there are no pool cover shoes you are obliged to wear flip flops or bare feet
- If in the event that your child has an accident in the water (sickness, faeces etc) if unnoticed by the Swim Instructor, please inform them straight away
- If the water is contaminated it will require the pool being closed and all persons leaving the swimming pool. All lessons will be replaced by a credit onto your child's account
Our aim is to ensure that parents communicated within The Swim Specialist Swim Academy in a pleasant and courteous manner without causing distress or offence to adults or children. Our expectation is that parents set good exampled in front of all members present at The Swim Specialist Swim Academy, demonstrating correct behaviours at all times
- Behaviour that is deemed as unacceptable includes;
- Shouting, either in person or over the telephone to staff/shouting at poolside at your own child or other children
- Inappropriate posts on social networking sites deemed as bullying
- Speaking in an aggressive/threatening manner
- Physically intimidating, e.g standing very close or raising/pointing hands making threatening gestures
- Physical threats
- Hitting e.g. slapping, punching or kicking
- Racist, sexest or derogatory comments are forbidden
- Any behaviour which may put another individual in a state of alarm or distress
If you have any concerns with behaviour please address this directly with our admin team in writing so we can take the appropriate actions @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow up actions:
In the event that any of the above incidents occur, please notify The Swim Specialist Swim Academy immediately so the the appropriate action can be taken. If necessary, statements will be taken from all partied involved in the occurrence and The Swim Specialist Swim Academy reserve the right the permanently exclude you from any future lessons/locations that the Swim Specialist provide. In the event that your child displays any unacceptable behaviours, The Swim Specialist Swim Academy reserve the right to permanently terminate your child's contract. In extreme situations in which The Swim Specialist Swim Academy is not facility to deal with the incident, Police/Safe Guarding/Social Serviced may be contacted.
From time to time The Swim Specialist Swim Academy may update these terms by sending you either and updated version or notification of minor changes. You are free to not accept these changed but we would ask you to notify us in writing of your non acceptance within 14 days of your receipt, failing which we will be entitled to treat our agreement with you as being subject to the updated version.
If you require any further information please don't hesitate to contact us @ email@example.com